Thursday 26 March 2015

Review: Marabou Crispi Peanut & Toffee


I can't believe I haven't tried this before! It has peanuts and toffee, after all. Sounds promising!

The wrapping is very colourful, which suits the product – you're not expecting this to contain anything “classy”, after all. Opening the wrapping reveals two bars, which is a good thing: you don't have to eat everything at once and/or you can share the bar with someone. I am a little puzzled by the name, though. Why crispi? Why not crispy?

The scent is very, very peanutty. I don't have anything against that, but here it's a little... stuffy? But not to worry. I've experienced this before, especially with bars that contain plenty of nuts. They can still taste great.

And so it is: there isn't any trace of that dry stuffiness in the taste. The bar is covered in milk chocolate, which – as far as I can tell – is your standard Marabou milk chocolate. Yes, it's very sweet, but I happen to like it. Under the milk chocolate hide sizeable chunks of peanut. They're not too salty, they're nicely crunchy, and there's a generous amount of them. At the core of the bar is the toffee filling. This was slightly disappointing: the toffee flavour just wasn't very strong or perhaps there isn't enough of the stuff. I was maybe expecting something more caramelly. The filling is fairly solid rather than runny – which is good, you don't have to worry about all the filling falling out of the bar and making a mess.

On the whole, I was expecting more intense flavours; now nothing really stands out. Still, it's a good, solid combination and the flavours work well together. The amount of peanuts makes sure there is no sweetness overload. I might well buy this again – it was interesting, and one half of one bar just wasn't enough. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment