Thursday 2 April 2015

Review: Lindt Excellence Strawberry Intense


Before we start devouring chocolate Easter eggs, I thought I'd post another chocolate review... nah, who am I kidding, of course I haven't been able to keep my paws off those chocolate eggs!


Anyway, this is another product in Lindt's Intense line, where I've already sampled the coconut version. This time, however, we have white chocolate and strawberries.

The wrapping with its mellow yellow and strawberry picture is cute. The chocolate squares are the typical size and shape for many Lindt bars: thinnish, but fairly large.

The scent is certainly intense, but the first word that comes to mind is sweet. There's that sweetness characteristic of white chocolate and it's rather overwhelming: I try to find the scent of strawberries in there somewhere, but not with any great results.

There are small pieces of dried strawberry scattered in the white chocolate. They are soft and chewy and there is a fairly generous amount of them. They have that lovely fresh tartness of dried berries and as such are a lovely accompaniment to the white chocolate. And, most importantly, they taste real, that is, there is no artificial strawberry aroma. The white chocolate, in turn, is very sweet (as white chocolate tends to be) and creamy. I will confess that I don't love white chocolate as much as milk or dark chocolate, but here it's really tasty and, together with the strawberries, not sickly sweet. And the white-and-red chocolate is very pretty; I'd imagine it would make lovely decorations for cakes and other desserts as chocolate shavings or as roughly chopped bits and pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment