Thursday 19 May 2016

Review: Marabou: Milk chocolate with raspberry and chocolate fudge (Happy Birthday limited edition)


I was going to take a little break from writing chocolate reviews, but then I saw Marabou’s latest invention and I simply couldn’t resist! After all, it has chocolate fudge (yum!) and raspberry fudge (I love raspberries!). I had to have a taste.

The wrapping is typical of Marabou’s milk chocolate tablets with just some variety in terms of colours and images. The scent is simply sweet; without knowing what’s in this chocolate, I don’t think I’d be able to guess.

The milk chocolate is the typical Marabou milk chocolate, which, although rather sweet, is a good, solid milk chocolate which forms a perfect background to various additions. The chocolate fudge bits are soft and chewy and chocolatey – and very sweet, but that goes without saying. The raspberry pieces are a little too few and not quite tart enough to provide much of a contrast to the chocolate or the chocolate fudge bits, but they are delicious - and they're bits of raspberry fudge, which explains why the taste is not particularly intense. Lately, I've tasted so many chocolates with something crunchy and hard and brittle that I welcomed the change in this one; the additions are soft, and, together with the melt-in-your-mouth chocolate they form a silky combo that caresses your tongue.

This combination is very sweet, but is that a bad thing? No! I have to say that I liked this a lot. I mean, chocolate in chocolate!!! And raspberries, my favorite! (Well, one of my many favourites... I also love cherries and strawberries and...) This is a limited edition, a specialty that Marabou launched to celebrate their 100th birthday, so grab it while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment