Friday 22 September 2017

Autumn Equinox


Happy Autumn Equinox! As the nights grow darker, so does my taste in books, apparently... (The Finnish novel is titled "Raven Women", the other one promises to be "sexy, spooky, stylish" - we'll see.)

Autumn Equinox happens to be the birthday of one my literary crushes favourite characters, Valerius from Manda Scott's Boudica series. This day always reminds me of that character. Today, I think I'll even bake a cake to celebrate. 😉 Something with apples...

This song, "The Old Ways", by Loreena McKennitt fits my Autumn Equinox mood perfectly.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ulla!

    I had almost forgotten today is the autumn equinox!When I turned my computer on, Google informed me about it and I immediately thought of talking to you!!!! :D

    Hope you had a nice one and that the (apple) cake turned out delicious!!!

    Have a nice day!!!

    ireader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ireader,
      nice to hear from you! :)

      Thanks, the cake was delicious indeed - I made an apple Snickers cake! :) Remember our Autumn Equinox parties back at the book forum? ;)

      Have a lovely weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Dear Ulla,

    Happy Autumn Equinox - if a little belated. We also celebrated yesterday, because it was one of our anniversaries.
    And a belated happy birthday to your book-boyfriend ;), erm, fictional crush, erm, favourite character!
    Apple Snickers cake sounds very appropriate.
    Have a great weekend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,
      thank you! And happy anniversary to you two! :)

      The cake was tasty and just right for this time of the year - the scent of apples and cinnamon... <3

      Have a lovely weekend! :)

      Delete